Caring for Sensitive Skin + the Planet
For generations, AVEENO® has relied on nature’s soothing and healing properties to help provide care for all skin, even the most sensitive. Just as skin can be vulnerable and require special care - so can our planet. This is why we are thoughtful about the choices we make, from choosing ethically sourced ingredients to reducing our environmental footprint. We promise to continue doing our part, learning and evolving, as we continue this journey together!
What we include in our products is just as important as what we exclude from them. We strive to avoid unnecessary and harsh ingredients and prioritize those that are effective and gentle for your skin and the planet. AVEENO® products are:
- Formulated with Oat and other efficacious ingredients that help soothe and nurture sensitive skin
- Formulated without triclosan, microbeads, phthalates, 1,4-dioxane, and formaldehyde-releasing preservatives
- Scientifically driven, clinically supported safety processes that hold us to high standards of health and safety
- For the environment, we use a patented system called the Global Aquatic Ingredient Assessment ™ tool to help us formulate non-toxic and biodegradable products that are not harmful to aquatic life and ecosystems.
Ethical Farming & Sourcing
From day one, we have worked with farmers to source and process our natural ingredients in a way that preserves their purity and therapeutic properties. We do this in an environmentally conscientious manner.
- We source our oats from family owned farms, situated in cooler areas that are best suited for their growth
- Our oat is 100% pure, non-GMO, and food grade
- We use eco-friendly practices like low heat, crop rotation, and pesticide-free fields to help preserve quality
- To minimize energy use during transport, our supplier uses a mix of rail and truck from farm to milling center.
To preserve the beauty of our planet, we are committed to reducing packaging waste and using more recyclable, recycled, and renewable materials.
- Today, over 70% of AVEENO® packaging is recyclable*
- Starting in 2021, we will use post-consumer recycled plastic (PCR) in our new packaging. We’ll increase this across our portfolio, over the next few years.
- By 2023, we will offer:
- Refillable packaging for our cleansers, washes and lotions.
- Home compostable, plant-based wipes with recyclable packaging
- By 2025 our goal is to use
- 100% recyclable, reusable, or compostable packaging
- 100% Forest Stewardship Council-certified paperboard or recycled-content in our paper cartons
- 100% renewable electricity for our manufacturing sites
* North America; Skincare portfolio
Our commitment to making a difference extends beyond Aveeno®. Learn how our parent company Johnson & Johnson is taking action to make the planet healthier.